FEMA consists of ten regions in the continental United States and territories. These regional offices manage, operate, and maintain all delegated programs, functions, and activities not managed, operated, or maintained by headquarters organizational units. The FEMA Regional Offices serve as the primary organizational unit for the liaison to states and local governments within each region and non-governmental and private sector entities within each Regional Office’s geographical area. For example, FEMA Region 4 serves Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Its headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia. A well-written strategic plan can play a pivotal role in the success of the FEMA region concept. The goal of the strategic planning process is to ensure everyone is aligned when it comes to small business goals and objectives and to create a formal strategic plan document.
Select one of the ten FEMA regions and develop a strategic plan. Conduct detailed research and a critical assessment of a specific FEMA region. Develop a basic FEMA regional strategic plan considering specific geographic threats and natural hazards such as earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, flooding, etc., and technical hazards such as nuclear radiation, dam failures, cybersecurity, terrorism, etc. to reflect that FEMA’s regional mission.
- As part of the FEMA Region’s strategic plan, develop the mission, vision and value statements, long-term goals and objectives, the strategies to achieve each goal, and long-term performance measures to evaluate the progress.
- Identify the FEMA regional strategic planning priorities, stakeholders, and partners.
- Describe the FEMA region’s strategic plan as it pertains to addressing natural threats and technical hazards.
- Recommend available opportunities to expand partnerships with those working towards the same strategic goals.
The paper should include the following:
- The paper needs to be six-to-eight pages (full pages) which do not include a cover page, photographs, reference page, or other inserts.
- Provide an introduction of the specific region you selected and inform the reader about the main topics to be covered, and a brief overview of the FEMA Region organization and its role in DHS.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
- Reference page at the end with at least eight sources that must be cited using APA 7th edition format.
- This is an opportunity to be innovative, creative, and to use the knowledge you gained in your professions and throughout your course work.
- Stay focused on your task. Use course materials, carefully cite your
To order the work click here